Thursday, March 5, 2009

Overnight in Keith - and more whisky!

Alistair, Derek and I sampling Macallan at the distillery
The Strathisla Distillery near Keith - the shape of the building is used for the Whisky Trail and much of the advertising for this area due to the unique shape.
The Macallan Distillery
The original house at the Macallan Distillery
Alistair and I at the house at Macallan

Unsurprisingly, our time in this area had a lot to do with whisky as it is in the middle of the whisky trail. We went to Macallan and sampled the whisky and delicious whisky liquer. We drove all over the countryside and saw a lot of distilleries and also all the whisky in storage.

Carol´s family is in Keith and we stayed overnight there. We had a lovely dinner with them and then sampled more whisky by the fire. Carol´s mum cooked a great roast beef dinner including ´nips and tatties (parsnip mash and potato mash for the Aussies). We followed up with a divine lemon meringue pie. Carol´s dad was very generous in bringing out quite a few of his wonderful whiskies to try and significantly added to Alistair, Derek and my count of whiskies tried. He had some wonderful single malts I had never even heard of and I enjoyed them thoroughly. I giggled over the sound of the glug glug jug we used to put water in our whiskies and now Carol and I both want one for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment