Monday, March 9, 2009

London, Paris, Tokyo....

...well, two of the three anywayThe view from our Tokyo hotel room down to the street
The view to the horizon
We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre

...well, two of the three anyway!

Yes, I´ve been slack at updating the blog constantly through. What can I say, I´ve been out enjoying my holiday, not staying in writing about it :P

We head off from Tokyo today and will be home tomorrow. I´ll do some catch up posts for London and Tokyo then.

Highlights from London and Tokyo have been (not necessarily what would be seen as traditional holiday high points):
London
  • Seeing the crazy squirrels in Hyde Park and enjoying the retreat from the hustle of the city - we even had a picnic lunch there one day
  • Watching ¨We Will Rock You¨ at the Dominion Theatre and getting up and joining in for a number of the songs. A large part of the fun of this one was seeing all the people who didn´t know what they´d got themselves into and who didn´t want to stand and clap :)
  • Visiting the British Museum and seeing the cool glass roof over between such old buildings
  • Shopping in Vivienne Westwood and Agent Provocateur in London

Tokyo
  • Realising I haven´t totally forgotten my Japanese and it comes back more each day
  • Walking along Omotesando and through the Omotesando Hills building
  • Wandering through various department stores in Shinjuku
  • Exploring the stationery sections in department stores - I love Japanese stationery
  • Eating dinner entirely from convenience store food - yum!
  • Meeting up with my friend Nobuko for lunch - we lived together on the Gold Coast when I was at Uni
  • The view from our hotel room at night - our travel agent Maria is a saint - we got an excellent upgrade here in Tokyo and also in Singapore
  • Catching the train from Narita to Tokyo and going through similar looking country areas to where I lived in in Nagano all those years ago - the good memories came flooding back and I had a silly grin on my face
  • Buying local sweets in both the UK and Japan
Alistair may well have different hightlights, but he´s not writing this blog :P

2 comments:

  1. tokyo! i've never been, but i think i would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im jealous of both your adventures since i havent been to either places!

    ReplyDelete